Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sagarika Ghatge has the licence to thrill

Light eyes. Fair complexion. Glowing confidence.

That’s Sagarika Ghatge for you. Although barely one film old, she has carved a niche for herself. She will be spotted in a Deepak Tijori film, called Fox, starring Udita Goswami, Arjun Rampal, and Sunny Deol.

A student of Kathak, Sagarika has always been away from home for her education. That has taught her to be independent and take chances with her choices in life. She recently hosted an awards function and the youth games ceremony in our city, and tells us how delightful it was. “Hosting is fun, and travelling too is something I like. I like to try anything that’s new.”

Talking about her film Fox, she says, “I have a very interesting role in this thriller. It is different from Chak De! India. From now on, you will get to see different sides of me in my forthcoming films.” Does that mean we will catch her dancing around trees too? “I am an actor. So, I will do anything that the role demands.”

Was the decision to take up acting an impulse or something that she had thought through? “I always wanted to be in films. As luck would have it, Chak De... happened just as I finished my graduation. So, it was a great time to get into it; plus Shah Rukh Khan was in the film,” smiles Sagarika. “It was a pleasure to work with SRK. We all got to learn so much from him and he put all of us at ease. He used to joke around, but at the same time, he was someone who we could look up to,” says she.

Just like her character in her first film, is she also clear in her thinking and realises her worth? “What’s the point in being with someone who doesn’t respect you as an individual and who thinks only about one’s own self?” she questions. True Sagarika. So, have you met that someone yet? “No,” she replies.

No comments: